Mouse is a pointing device used for making selections and giving instructios to the computer. The left button is for making selection by double clickig o it and the right button is to bring drop-dow meus. There is a scroll button whch speeds up the process of moving through the document.
- Make selections in a Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Move the pointer onto a button, icon, hyperlink etc.
- Activate context/pup-up menu (on right click)
- Scroll quickly through long documents
- Easier to select and move items than keyboard
- Enables rapid navigation through long documents/web browsers
- Occupies smaller area on the desktop.
- Difficult to use for people who have limited wrist/finger movement
- Needs a flat surface to operate, so cannot be used on the move